Published: Thursday 08th February 2024 | 11.33am
Cannock Chase Council are consulting on the improvement plans for Cannock Park.
There are lots of ways that you can have your say including: via our website www.cannockchasedc.gov.uk/newparks, scanning the QR code below, there will also be a chance to get involved via our engagement days. Officers will be on site to give residents an opportunity to get involved in the design of the play areas. These will take place in Cannock Park on:
Tuesday 13 February 10:30-12:30pm
Saturday 24 February 2:30-4pm
This follows the Council’s Cabinet approving to spend £465,000 on improvements at Cannock Park at their meeting in December 2023.
This will be part of the capital programme of works for 2024/25 and will be ﬁnanced by £250,000 Section 106 monies, £200,000 CIL monies and a £15,000 grant from the Forest of Mercia. An additional £120,000 will be allocated from the Safer Street 5 Fund for CCTV and lighting works. This takes the overall budget for the redevelopment works to £585,000.
Councillor John Preece, Portfolio Leader for Parks, Culture and Heritage said “Parks and open spaces are important to our communities, and providing opportunities for our residents to have access to healthy and active lifestyles choices is one of our key priorities.
”This funding is a great opportunity to bring Cannock Park up to date. The funding is part of a four year District wide improvement programme for parks and open spaces across Cannock Chase. The Council is committed to providing good quality parks, play areas
and open spaces for everyone to enjoy and working alongside its ‘Friends’ groups.”
The scheme will be delivered in two phases, due to the size and costs associated with redeveloping the whole site. The ﬁrst phase will include:
• Replacement of the existing outdated junior and toddler play area situated in the centre of the site,
• Improvements to the footpaths around the site to make commuting and walking across and around the site easier,
• Access and boundary improvements including new CCTV cameras and lighting, access/gate improvements where required,
• Improvements made to the rose garden,
• Installation of appropriate street furniture throughout the site including display boards, new benches and bins.
Paper copies of the survey are available, please call Sara Green on 01543 464548.
The consultation will close on Sunday 31 March 2024.