Economic Development FAQ's

 Got a question to ask? Please see our frequently asked questions below.


1. How do I get in touch to find out more information?

To get in touch please use either of the following:

2. I’m looking for funding for my business, what support is available to me?

There is a range of support available to you. To find out what support is available, please contact us so we can pinpoint your exact needs.

3. I want to start up my own business – what assistance is available to me?

There is a range of support available to you for more information please contact the Economic Development Team by calling 01543 464267 so they can discuss your needs and guide you to the relevant support available.

4. Are there any restrictions on who you can help?

Unfortunately there are, assistance can only be given to businesses who pay their business rates (or council tax if working from home) to Cannock Chase District Council. Other businesses should contact the Local Authority their rates are paid to.

5. How can I get up to date information about funding and events?

Easy – sign up to our E-bulletin! You can do this by emailing or calling 01543 464267 and ask to be added to the 'E-bulletin list'. The E-bulletin is the easiest way to get the most up to date information about the latest funding and events, it is sector sorted so only information important to you will be sent.

6. I’m looking to move premises – do you have anywhere available?

There are a range of properties available in the area, available Council owned properties can be found on the Council's website, alternatively local commercial property agents should be able to assist. For more information contact the Economic Development Team on 01543 464267 or email

7. I’m looking at taking on a member of staff, is there any funding available?

If you are planning to take on a member of staff within a future expansion project, please contact the Economic Development team to see if you are eligible for any funding. 

8. I need help with my business rates, can you help?

Business rates are dealt with by the Business Rates team; please visit their webpage.

9. I need some assistance from Environmental Health, how do I get in touch with them?

Please visit the Environmental Health Webpages or email


Last Updated:

A to Z of Services