Help and Advice on Benefits

Where to get help and advice

If you require help or advice on any matter concerning Housing Benefit or Local Council Tax Reduction you can

For information about the rent officer service contact 020 702 36076 or visit their website at

For information about claiming benefits if you are under 60, including Child Benefit, you can visit the Direct Gov Website.

For information about claiming Tax Credits, you can visit the HM Revenues and Customs website.

For information about help available to single parents, you can visit the Gingerbread website or call 0808-802-0925.

Are you affected by the equalisation of the State Pension Age. More information is available in the Pensions section of the Direct Gov Website.

To find out what other benefits you may be entitled to, or if you are thinking of returning to work and want to find out how your benefits will be affected you can use the Benefit On-Line Calculator and Advisor.

Alternatively you can obtain free, independent and impartial advice on Housing Benefit or Local Council Tax Reduction and other matters from you local Citizens Advice:


Last Updated:

A to Z of Services